I write today not of fashion or make up. I write today for my Superhero, my dad. I will try my best to keep it short and I plead with you to read it.
Last saturday, he was admitted to the hospital due to a severe headache, high blood pressure and vomiting. After running some tests, we were informed that he has a subdural hematoma which is putting pressure on his brain. He has to undergo a procedure called Burr Hole Craniotomy, wherein they will drill a tiny hole in his skull to drain the blood. According to his doctors, this procedure is on the safer side compared to other brain surgery. BUT as with any operation, it is not without risks.
I can just simply ask of you for prayers and I will but I thought I'd like for you to know him first. I want to give you a glimpse of the man who you'll be sending your prayers for.
My dad is a simple man. It doesn't take much to make him happy. In fact, a full tummy is all he needs to take on any challenges. He's a foodie who prefers home cooked meal to a fancy 5-course one. A cup of perfectly cooked white rice will earn you praises in his book.
He's funny. Sarcastic but funny. Even with the corniest jokes, he'll make you laugh. If not for anything but his boisterous laughter. And he always laughs so heartily that it is often followed by a choking cough, like "HAHAHAHAHA uhugh uhugh". you have to hear it, it's great!
He's never finish high school but he's the wisest man I know. The doctors asked him yesterday what certain fingers were called and he honest to goodness did not know, but his advice will always be the one I'll take. His first language is Chinese that's why he's not so familiar with Tagalog or English. He's also "bulol" which is one of the most endearing quality about him. If you ask him to say"baril" he will say "gun".
He worked hard for everything! He gives 100% to anything he does. He worked all his life for us and even then was never a negligent father. He always listens to our stories with honest interest. I'd tell him about the most random thing that pops in my head and we'll be talking for hours. He'd give you his full attention anytime of the day (as long as he's with a happy tummy).
He's not religious, nor superstitious. But he prays, he believes in something other than himself.His faith is strong.
He is not a hugger. He need not be. Everything else he says and does speak volumes of his love for us. But he happily obliges when you force him to.
He's generous and unbiased. He has never held a grudge on anyone, about anything. Amongst the many heartbreaks that life has thrown at him he has remain this wonderful, joyous and forgiving man.
He's annoying sometimes. yes, he is. He is the type of person that will remind you to do something over and over and yes, over again until you finally do it. He can be a nagger.
Naturally, I will say he's the Best Dad because he is. But he is also the Best Husband to my mother, the best son to his Mother, the Best Brother to his siblings, and the Best Tito to my cousins. you can go ask them, they'll attest to that. He is the very core of our family. He's our center, our very own Superman. He lights up our life. He's our strength.
And He's my best friend, the most important person in my life. He's greater than any words I can use. So I ask of you to say a little prayer for him. Send him some love. Send him positive vibes. He's going to have the surgery tomorrow at 1pm. I believe in the laws of attraction, in having faith. The more people with heartfelt prayers and thoughts, the more he'll come out of it in perfect condition.
I ask not only because I'm scared of losing him but because he deserves it. He wants to go to many more places. To experience many more things. I want to give him more joy...to repay him for everything.







Belle, to be honest. I nearly cried while reading. My friend's dad is also hospitalized and he's in the ICU as of this writing. Let's all hope for the best. I will include your dad in my prayers. And I really really hope he can read this post of yours. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteI will pray for your Dad, Belle. I hope the surgery is successful. Be strong and always believe in Him...
ReplyDeleteGod Bless.
This is so touching, I almost started crying! He will be okay, I know :) I send my love for your whole family!
ReplyDeletehttp://absofuckinglutelyy.blogspot.com/
i'm getting really teary-eyed as i type. your dad sounds like a wonderful person and i'll be including him and your family in my prayers. i'm sure he will be okay and that you two would travel some more :) *HUGS*
ReplyDeleteBelle, I never had a dad as great as yours. He deserves so much in life and I pray that the operation to be successful and he returns to be like he is in these photos. God bless!
ReplyDeleteSending you and your family my love and prayers. Be strong.
ReplyDeleteill be praying for him, I know what it is to feel scared of losing your dad. Hopefully everything goes well.
ReplyDeleteSending you millions, make that billions, of prayers and crossing my fingers for your family; know that we're here for you Belle and thinking of you!! No matter what happens, he made you into the person you are and you are one amazing person so that's testament to what a good man he is. love,rebecca
ReplyDeletePrayers coming your way love! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteWhat a touching article from a loving daughter..
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well with your dad's surgery Belle. Just finished praying for him. Stay strong. :)
I just read this now... I hope that he's doing alright, please update us.. Sending you my hugs and prayers... God bless!!
ReplyDeleteThis is the sweetest post ever! I'm glad his operation went well.
ReplyDelete