Friday, November 4, 2011

Gemini Thoughts: In Wedding

I know you're all used to my vanity posts...so bear with this one.  

I mainly created this blog for  anything beauty or fashion related and have constrained from ever getting to personal, well except for THIS POST. BUT I've come to realized that this blog has become shallow, cold and boring. 

PLUS I really have  a lot of jumbled thoughts running through my head everyday and the best way I sort them out is through writing. I'm no "writer" writer, so don't expect to be blown away or anything by my literary skills. I mostly ramble like a lunatic (case in point). Anyways, I know most, if not all of you are just here for my other posts so if you see "Gemini Thoughts" in the title, just skip it. I won't be offended. :)

Geesh, that was a long intro!

 Anyways, my sister recently got engaged. So naturally it got me thinking of weddings. Let me just say though, I was never the girl who dreamed about these things at a young age. Ask me then and I would have said, I don't see myself getting married. But when I finally did picture myself walking down that aisle, I first thought I wanted a lavish wedding. One so special that it will leave the guests in awe.I've come to realize though that it's not the flowers or the cake or the souvenirs that will make it memorable for everyone. It's about the couple making their lifetime vows to each other. I know that sounds cliche but I do honestly believe that.   And I don't think writing tear-jerking promises or showcasing tons of photos is the way to go as well... for me, the best way to achieve it is by being surrounded by people who loves you. Having a thousand guests that don't even know the name of the couple or what they look like is just a waste. It's not enjoyable for anyone. 

Of all the weddings I've attended, I could only remember one that left me breathless. It was my high school bestfriend's. It was a small affair with not much hoopla. She didn't carry a bouquet with imported flowers, or wore a designer gown or had a parade of  a dozen sponsors. BUT I can still picture her walking down that aisle with a smile so beautiful it made us all cry in happiness. Now, that's how I want mine to be remembered. 

I know some people consider it rude not to invite certain "associates or distant relative" but I say "Who cares? Kasal niyo ba?" hahaha...sorry, can't help it. seriously though, I'd rather have 50 guests that will laugh and cry with me on that day rather than 897 guests who are just waiting for the food to get served so they can go. 

Disclaimer: These are just my own personal thoughts and does not  reflect any current or future situation in my sister's wedding. 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. I feel the same way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang pinaka-importante naman talaga sa wedding ay ang feeling that surrounds the couple at hindi ang mga bulaklak. best wishes on your sister btw!

    ReplyDelete