Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My 2011 Christmas

20111224-3
Look, who's back from last year...

20111224-2

20111224-1

20111224-4
sweater top: Archive Clothing
skirt: Zara

It's never too late to greet everyone a Happy Merry Holidays right? I hope everyone had a bountiful meal, boisterous laughter and a Christmas day full of love. 

It's been a tradition in my family to dress up during Christmas Eve... but these past couple of years, I've realized that I was the only one keeping up with it. So I went for something laid back and less constricting this year. It  wasn't about the glamour but about simple moments. 

As a kid, Christmas has always been magical to me. All the presents you get to open, all the dancing lights and the glitzy decors. The new clothes you get to wear, the carols  you hear. Don't get me wrong, it still is as magical to me today. But as entertaining as all the decors and lights are, I've come to realize the real magic that Christmas has. It's that one day of the year where everyone is a little bit kinder to one another, where everyone smiles a little more genuinely, where people laugh from their hearts. It's that one day where religion and beliefs are set aside and people are what matter.

This year was about celebrating that magic with my family. I didn't drag my father for the mandatory family photos that he seems to dread (we'll get to that on New Year's Eve). We ate Noche Buena like people who haven't eaten in days (my sister's fiance was a little taken aback). We prank-gifted our parents just for the heck of it. We just laughed and loved all throughout the night and into the next day. It was wonderful. 

That was our Christmas, how was yours???

3 comments:

  1. I love the first picture! So cute! And those are the shoes I want from Shoe Etiquette! Haaaay. Solemates nga tayo! Belated merry Christmas, Belle! Miss you!

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry christmas, belle! nothing like a laughter and love filled christmas with the family ♥ love the idea of prank gifting! hahaa

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete